- We are committed to providing you with a high-quality legal service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided, then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
- In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
- Complaints Procedure at Sandstone Legal
3.1 At Sandstone Legal, we value any feedback from our clients, positive or
negative. We treat all complaints about our service extremely seriously so
that we can continue to improve the service for you and give you the highest
possible standard of service.
3.2 You can contact us in writing (by email or letter).
- In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact the person dealing with your matter, who will do their best to resolve your concerns. If you do not feel able to discuss your concerns with them, please contact the person responsible for the overall supervision of your matter, who will be named in the client care letter we sent you at the beginning of your matter.
- To help us understand, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:
- Your full name and contact details;
- What you think we have got wrong;
- How you would like your complaint to be resolved; and
- Your file reference number (if you have it).
- If you require any help in making your complaint, we will try to help you.
STAGE 1: Making an Initial Complaint
Procedure following acknowledgement of a formal complaint:
- When you have made your complaint in writing, via email or letter, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of receiving the complaint;
- A full formal response will be provided within 10 working days;
- We will tell you the name of the person handling the matter;
- As well as being informed of the person dealing with your complaint, our designated complaints team and a Director will also be notified;
- We will deal with your complaint efficiently and investigate fully. Some complaints may be referred directly to a Director for investigation;
- All of your files will be updated, detailing your complaint and the outcome.
STAGE 2: Further Complaint?
If you remain dissatisfied with our service after making an initial complaint to the person dealing with your matter, as well as the person with overall supervision, please contact Sandstone Legal’s Complaints Department, making your complaint for the attention of the Directors:
A: Complaints Department, Sandstone Legal, 4 Jordan Street, Manchester, M15 4PY.
- When you have made your complaint in writing, via letter or email, a member
of Sandstones Legal’s Senior Management team will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of receiving the complaint.
3.9 A full formal response will be provided within 10 working days.
- What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint:
4.1 Where we are unable to resolve a complaint to your satisfaction within eight
weeks of you having submitted that complaint, you may have the right to
complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
4.2 The Legal Ombudsman can look at your complaint independently and it will
not affect how we handle your case. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. There are time constraints within which you can involve the Legal Ombudsman. Effective from 1 April 2023, the Legal Ombudsman scheme rules say they can only look at your complaint if:
- Your complaint is made within one year of the problem happening; or
- Your complaint is made within one year from when you found out about the problem; and
- You refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of our final response.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, you can contact them at:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9:00 to 17:00
- What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
5.1 The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our
behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
5.2 Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors
Regulation Authority https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/
- What will it cost?
6.1 You will not be charged for our work investigating a complaint made by you.
Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on a matter, and all or
some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the
amount outstanding. This is explained within our Terms and Conditions of
The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.
- Special Requirements
7.1 If because of a special need, you require us to deal with your complaint or
communicate with you in a particular way please let us know so that in as far
as is practicable, this may be accommodated.
- Contact Us
8.1 If you have any questions or comments, wish to complain, or simply need
more information, please contact us.
A: Complaints Department, Sandstone Legal, 4 Jordan Street, Manchester, M15 4PY
T: 0161 470 1511