Housing Disrepair

Living in rented property and suffering from
damp, mould, leaks, dangerous wiring?

More and more, tenants are living in poor housing conditions with rising damp, mould, leaks, dangerous wiring, and vermin infestations which their landlord should have fixed.

Whether you live in social housing, council housing, or you’re privately renting, your landlord is responsible for making sure you live in a safe and habitable environment.

The tenancy agreement you signed should provide the protection that your landlord will keep the property in a good state of repair. Unfortunately, landlords don’t always fulfil their obligations. If this happens, you can make a claim on the basis of breach of contract. The landlord’s obligation usually only covers the structure, exterior, and supply of utilities to the property. For example, a basis for disrepair claim could be for damage caused by a water leak as opposed to condensation. 

At Sandstone, we have successfully managed numerous cases of tenants who have told their landlord of a disrepair problem and are still waiting for the repairs to be carried out. We strive to secure compensation for people who have had to live with disrepair and also obtain court orders to get those works carried out.  

Living with damp or mould can seriously affect your physical and mental health. You may also be entitled to compensation for injury or illness as well as the inconvenience of living with housing disrepair. 

At Sandstone, we operate our Housing Disrepair Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. This means that, at no cost to you, we will check whether you have a valid claim. 

If the issues raised above have affected you, please contact our expert legal team on 03331 883818, or fill out our contact form.

Fill Out The Form Below to Get Started!